The new header, a picture of a double rainbow over a corporate building, was taken by yours truly on a gasp-inducing journey back to LA from San Diego with my boyfriend. He was driving (thank goodness) and I was in the passenger seat. It was raining torrential manic sheets, the kind of downpour that washes away hillsides. Just after we left San Diego the clouds parted, the sun broke, and voila! not one rainbow – but two! It was jaw-dropping. When I got home I checked my Facebook and found that two or so dozen of my friends had posted enthusiastic updates mentioning various rainbows around the Southland. This natural phenomena has the ability to stop people in their tracks. On the freeway north traffic slowed to a crawl while people craned their heads to get a better view. I couldn’t help but think of those artists tryng to mimic, or frame, the spectacle of nature – Olafur Eliasson, Anish Kapoor, Walter De Maria, Andy Goldsworthy. Sometimes art can’t compete and that’s OK.
- Catalog Essay For May Contain Explicit Imagery, Curated by Tucker Neel, CB1 Gallery, July 27 – September 7, 2014
- Press Release for May Contain Explicit Imagery, Curated by Tucker Neel, CB1 Gallery, July 27 – September 7, 2014
- “Kiki Seror at CB1 Gallery,” ARTPULSE Magazine. Vol. 4 No. 16. Summer 2013.
- Catalog Essay “So, What Have You Been Up To?” catalog essay for Flash Forward at The Campbell Hall Gallery, Los Angeles, CA. 2012
- Catalog Essay For Martin Durazo in LAAFL: Here and Now, in conjunction with 2012 COLA Individual Artists Fellowship, Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery, Los Angeles, CA. 2012
- Catalog Essay Plata o Plomo II, Rio Hondo College Art Gallery, Whittier, CA. 2012
- “Tapping The Third Realm at The Ben Maltz Gallery,”The Senses And Society Journal, Bloomsbury Publishing, Volume 9, Number 1, March 2014.
- “Che Mondo at The Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery, “ARTPULSE Magazine. Vol. 4. No. 15. Spring 2013.
- “Alexis Smith at Honor Fraser” ARTPULSE Magazine. Vol. 4 No. 16. Summer 2013.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE National Museum of American History, Artillery Magazine, July 2014
- ART LIES Magazine
- Artillery Magazine
- Ben Maltz Gallery
- Center For The Arts, Eagle Rock
- David Salow Gallery
- Fallen Fruit
- G Fine ARt
- Journal of Aesthetics and Protest
- Kim Light Gallery
- Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions
- Los Angeles County Museum of ARt
- Machine Project
- MOCA LA
- Museum of Jurassic Technology
- Outpost For Contemporary Art
- Santa Monica Museum of ARt
- seeline gallery
- Sidestreet Projects
- Solway Jones Gallery
- The Getty Museum
- Try Harder Blog
- Tucker Neel's Website